In October 2017, a multidisciplinary symposium on new developments in the comprehensive management of Merkel cell carcinoma was held at the University of Rochester Medical Center. The event included specialists across many disciplines such as dermatology, surgical oncology, otolaryngology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, radiology, and plastic surgery. The key points from this event were compiled into an informative pamphlet which can be found here.
A special thank you to those who contributed to the writing of this helpful guide:
Paul Nghiem, MD, PhD
Coley Doolittle-Amieva, PA-C
Sherrif F. Ibrahim, MD, PhD
Ryan C. Fields, MD
Christopher Barker, MD
Sandra P. D’Angelo, MD
Evan Rosenbaum, MD
Timothy D. Doerr, MD
Evan J. Lipson , MD
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial