The fund supports patients who have been diagnosed with the rare form of skin cancer known as Merkel Cell Carcinoma (MCC). Once approved, the financial fund provides one-time assistance of $450 to cover transportation-related expenses connected to treatment appointments. Eligible patients include those who are undergoing active treatment, have received treatment within the previous 6 months, or will be receiving treatment in the next 60 days. Each patient must meet household income guidelines and provide diagnosis documentation in order to finalize the application. Review the program disclaimer for this fund.
For more information click here.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial