News & Publications
The latest news and publications about Merkel cell carcinoma and merkelcell.org.
We are passing along information that may be of interest to some MCC patients and families… The Seattle MCC Support Group will host a special facilitated discussion on September 11 prior to the Nghiem Merkel Dinner Meeting. This discussion session is entitled: "GRIEF AND GRATTITUDE" SEPTE...
It was a few days after her son’s 6th birthday party four years ago when Carrie Best rolled over in bed and felt a pinch in her armpit. When she reached over and touched it, she jolted awake. Soon she'd learn that she had cancer. “I had a lump the size of a grape under my arm,” says Best, a 50...
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial