New study of 251 patients from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York concluded that:
- Stage at presentation was an independent predictor of survival.
- Patients with pathologically negative lymph node involvement have an excellent prognosis
- Suggested that there is no survival benefit to adjuvant chemotherapy.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial