Dr. Paul Nghiem, Professor and Head (Dermatology) has received the 2015 Alfred Marchionini Research Prize (only one prize awarded every four years) for his work on Merkel cell carcinoma. The Alfred Marchionini Foundation was founded in 1976 by Eva and Kurt Herrmann in memory of Alfred Marchionini, former Chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University Munich and one of the greatest dermatologists both in terms of clinics and science. The primary mission of the foundation is to foster outstanding dermatologic research.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 22, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial