Authorization for BAVENCIO® (avelumab) as a monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (mMCC) has been granted in several locations worldwide.
Updates on avelumab approvals:
- United States — March 23, 2017
- Switzerland — September 5, 2017
- European Union (+ Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) — September 21, 2017
- Japan — September 27, 2017
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 15, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial