On May 9, 2017, Dermatology News published an article discussing the importance in conducting surveillance for recurrence in Merkel cell carcinoma. A two year retrospective cohort study conducted by Ms. Aubriana McEvoy and other colleagues, under the guidance of Dr. Paul Nghiem, has laid the foundation for providing a greater understanding in patterns of recurrence. Results indicate that patients with distant metastatic recurrence are associated with worse survival compared to those with local or nodal recurrence. For more detail, access the article below.Click to view Article
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 22, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial