On March 18, 2019, Medscape released a story detailing the exciting data that supports the use of immunotherapy as a first line agent for patients with advanced Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC). Until recently, chemotherapy was the only systemic treatment option available for patients with advanced MCC. This dynamic shift towards the use of immunotherapy first line is supported by increased progression-free and overall survival data compared with historical data from patients treated with chemotherapy.
To read the article, click here.Download the article
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 22, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial