February 22, 2018
Samantha Ouimet of EMD Serono
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 22, 2018 /CNW/ – EMD Serono, Canada, the biopharmaceutical business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in the U.S. and Canada, and Pfizer Canada Inc. announced that Health Canada has approved BAVENCIO™ (avelumab for injection) for the treatment of metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) in previously treated adults. Reviewed under Health Canada’s accelerated approval framework, BAVENCIO was granted a Notice of Compliance with Conditions (NOC/c) based on tumour response and durability of response on December 18, 2017. BAVENCIO, a fully human anti-PD-L1 antibody, is the first Health Canada approved treatment for patients with metastatic MCC, a rare and aggressive type of skin cancer.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
October 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial