On February 16, 2018, UW Medicine released an article on the projected increase for cases of Merkel cell carcinoma in the United States. This rare, aggressive cancer is rising nearly six times faster than other cancers. Current studies show that the incidence is expected to exceed 3,025 cases by 2025. Dr. Paul Nghiem and Dr. Kelly Paulson provide their insight on the rise and the importance for physician awareness and education of MCC. To read more, click to view the article.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 22, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial