On June 13, 2018, Rebecca Voelker, of JAMA Medical News and Perspectives, published an article discussing the rise in interest and incidence of Merkel cell carcinoma. Physicians including Dr. Michael Hori, and Dr. Paul emphasize the importance of receiving appropriate care during diagnostic workup. MCC is a rare and aggressive skin cancer that demands proper, individualized care. As Dr. Nghiem states, “Ideally, patients should been seen at least once by an expert center.” To read more on this tricky cancer and why proper care is critical, view the article here.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 22, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial