American Cancer Society
July 26, 2007
ATLANTA–July 27, 2007 – A new American Cancer Society research grant honors the wishes of long-time Baltimore Orioles team photographer Jerry Wachter, who recognized the need for increased attention to a rare but dangerous form of skin cancer that took his life in 2005. The $30,000 two-year grant to University of Washington School of Medicine investigator Paul Nghiem, M.D., Ph.D., will enhance efforts to educate the public, patients, and physicians about Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC), which took Wachter’s life in 2005.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial