After five years of collaborative efforts by several dozen people at multiple institutions in research supported by the NIH and many generous patients/donors, the first blood test to identify early recurrences of Merkel cell carcinoma has gone live in January 2014. This test will be available to patients around the world.
For information about this test, see the Serology page.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
November 28, 2023
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- TRICK-MCC (Triple Immune Checkpoint Inhibition in MCC)