On October 19th, 2017, Danielle Bucco of OncLive released an article pertaining to the advantages of treating Merkel cell carcinoma with immunotherapy. Historically, chemotherapy has been used as the first line of treatment. However, recent statistics highlight the difference in progression-free survival rates between chemotherapy and immunotherapy. This, among other factors, has largely contributed towards the push against treating MCC with chemotherapy. In fact, in the recent 2018 guidelines, immunotherapy regimens have displaced chemotherapy. For more information, view the article here, or the download the article below.Click to download
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial