On October 27, 2017, Laura A. Stokowski, of Medscape, released the details from an interview with Dr. Paul Nghiem regarding Merkel cell carcinoma and its defining characteristics, proper management, and recent advances in treatment options. Use of the “AEIOU” characteristics can help in identifying a suspicious lesion. In fact, over 90% of MCC patients have three or more of the five descriptions. To access more information on these features and specifics from the interview, click to view the article or download the pdf below.Click to download
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial