On October 31, 2018 Lauren Hitchings of Acir published an article that illustrates a mechanism for tumors becoming resistant to immunotherapy in Merkel cell carcinoma. Dr. Kelly Paulson et al. identified that transcriptomic changes induced by intense selective pressure may be to blame for tumor relapse following combination therapy.
Click to view the article (combined with illustrations).
Click to view more information on the the original publication (content from which illustrations were made).
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
May 20, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial