Terry Bradshaw’s recent diagnosis of Merkel cell carcinoma has brought some awareness of MCC to a larger number of people. This article, written by a journalist-physician, attempts to provide some background on his situation, as well as on MCC more broadly. Such information can clearly be useful for both the public and physicians.
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
November 21, 2022
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial
- Surgically Treated Adjuvant Merkel Cell Carcinoma with Pembrolizumab (STAMP) Trial