On December 7, 2016, Medical Xpress published an article highlighting the benefits that are associated with the Merkel cell carcinoma antibody test in light of the recently published paper, in the journal Cancer. The test works by measuring the presence of a novel marker – an antibody to a cancer-driving protein from the virus that causes MCC. Scientists use this test to detect earlier if MCC is recurring in patients that produce these antibodies.Click to View Article
The authoritative source on Merkel cell carcinoma.
September 22, 2020
- What is a Merkel cell?
- What is Merkel cell carcinoma?
- Symptoms & appearance of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Causes of Merkel cell carcinoma
- Surgical excision
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Complementary & alternative therapies
- Clinical trials
- Adjuvant Avelumab in Merkel Cell Carcinoma Trial